Tuesday 10 April 2012

The First Post

My name is Dennis Gichuki, courtesy of my parents. I am also known as 'Von', courtesy of the ladies. I am also an actor and writer, hence my screen and pen name is 'Dean Gichuki'.(The writing bit is for you to judge). I play bbal and on the court a players Identity is his jersey number, which varies. Alot. My most current one is 12. Finally, My facebook I.D is 'LeÇøúñŧ Đêańňis Vøŋ Gîçhůkíe . 
And I don't have an Identity crisis! Am just a many sided young man. And easy on the eyes, as you can see...

Starting a blog. I first decided to start a blog about an year ago. Which would have been rather impossible, with it being my final high school year and all. Then a week ago, I quit my Job to concentrate on my acting career. Which is going good and all, but I found myself with lots of time to spare. Thats why am sitting in my favourite cyber cafe perfecting my typing skills while everyone is facebooking and the jamaa next to me is watching Mariah carrey videos. Not watching, Ogling. And for the record, we're not related in any way. I hope. This blog will mostly be about my life. The fun, the tragedies (got you scared there), crazy moments, not so crazy ones, and totally insane ones. May you, The reader enjoy your reading as much as I will enjoy writing to you. Tell your friends about this blog, If (and only if) you enjoy it. Have an intresting read.


EASTER. One day later.

How was your easter? What did you do? Shags?(Lord forbid). Raving? And now a mega hangover tearing your oblangata apart? Mine was just like any other normal holiday. eatings alot and sleeping alot. Which reminds me of a certain drunk drama queen on friday evening.

 I was on my way home, in those #44 matatus one finds at Tuskys beba beba. We (me and fellow passengers) quickly filled it and we were well on our way. The fare was 80 bob. Hold on 80? f@#$*^g daylight robbery! never mind it was at 8pm. The konda obviously had problems with change. Thats where the drama starts. The drunk 'lady',(am trying to be respectful), started whining for her mbao. The konda tells her to be patient. Silence. Then she explodes, "We konda nipe tebu mbao yangu, hiyo ni maziwa ya brian ya asubuhi. nataka kakuwe Obama mwingine" at this point, most of the passengers are snickering under their breaths. The 'lady was sitted  next to the dere, with a friend, I presume. She continues compaining ati 'haki yake ishughulikiwe'. And shouts again, "We konda wacha matharau, ebu tuwache kuzoeana!" At this point, her friend is so pissed that he begins hitting her over the head. Did I mention he was a large muscular man? And tell her"Nkt! Mlevi wewe. Ebu nyamaza na uwache kujiaibisha.''Now people, I know its irresistible to beat up a drunk person, but the violence rarely helps. It makes them talk more and people like me laugh more at the spoken words. Coz she continued, "Ebu niwache! Unajua nikona watu majuu? kule Germany, Russia na mwanajeshi kule somalia. kwanza ngoja nimpigie." And she extracts an antique kabambe. which I doubt can do International calls. This gets her a very violent slap on the forehead,. hard to imagine since matatus are so tiny these days. The konda, wishing to alleviate the pain suffered by the 'lady', quickly gives her a beat up mbao, which she quickly pocketed. And silence followed. With passengers still gigling...

But enough of drunk ladies, now for drunk men.

On sunday night, I was chilling in my room. pretending to read Those large bball books of american college sport seasons. I wasnt listening to any music and I heard the arrival home of a certain known drunkard on the other side of the compond wall...
Drunk: My dear, My dear, Open the door.I am home. Open the door! 
The adresee: (muffled response)

Drunk: (Begins banging) My dear, Your certificate cannot help you know. Open the f@#$%^g door, or else..
Adresee: or else what?

Drunk: I take you back to your father and demand back my dowry, which you will have to pay for, since he       drunk all that i gave him. My dear, I think you have something for drunkards. Your father, Me, Your son...

At this point, the door is opened and I dont know what happens next...

The jamaa next to me has graduated to watching all the sexualised  R n b videos ever made. I have to admit am sneaking a peek...

Lunchtime! As much as Id like to continue, Gatta go. 

Stay sexy. 

Yours Truly.

Dean.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive.I now see what a year as my Deskie did to you

    ReplyDelete